Vegas has a long history of implosions, and they continue to garner interest and morbid enthusiasm. Here is a short list of some of the more noteable implosions in recent history.
- October, 1993 â€” The Dunes (600lbs of dynamite, 30secs)
- November, 1995 â€” The Landmark (2nd tallest building in the world every imploded)
- November, 1996 â€” The Sands (led to the Venetian)
- December, 1996 â€” The Hacienda (led to Mandalay Bay)
- April, 1998 â€” The Aladdin (1966-1998)
- October, 2000 â€” El Rancho (originally The Thunderbird)
- October, 2001 â€” The Desert Inn (240lbs of dynamite)