This is a big NASCAR weekend in Las Vegas, but the events aren’t just happening on the track. Various other points around Las Vegas will play home to race-related activities.
On Thursday, February 28th, nearly 50 NASCAR haulers will parade their respective race cars in a ceremonial drive that starts at 2:30pm just south of Mandalay Bay on Las Vegas Blvd. They will drive north from there to Sahara and then make their way to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Not only will the general sidewalks be good for viewing, but some of the restaurants with outdoor patios, like Margaritaville, Trader Vic’s and the Hawaiian Tropic Zone, will be great places to grab a drink and watch the procession. The city says Metro Police will be present to make sure the traffic flow isn’t hindered too much by this procession.
Several drivers will also be making appearances throughout the weekend to meet the fans. Here’s a quick rundown of the list we have so far…
Wednesday, February 27th
DOWNLOAD OUR TRAVEL GUIDES
- Robby Gordon — Albertsons (201 Stephanie St, Henderson) from 6pm-8pm
Thursday, February 28th
- Greg Biffle, Kyle Busch, Jason Keller, Bobby Labonte, Jeremy Mayfield, David Ragan — Sam’s Town Hotel for the Speedway Children’s Charities NASCAR Driver Auction, The event starts at 6pm and admission is $35. For more information, call 702.450.8300 or 702.632.8242.
- Clint Bowyer — Orleans Hotel & Casino, 5-6:30pm and NASCAR Café, Sahara Hotel & Casino, 8:30pm-10pm
- Kurt Busch — Sierra Gold Tavern (6515 South Jones Blvd) from 7pm-9pm.
- Landon Cassill, Cale Gale, Michael McDowell — Raybestos Rookie Cooking Challenge that is being held at ESPN Zone at New York New York Hotel & Casino from 2pm-4pm. The event is free to attend.
- Robby Gordon — Palms Hotel & Casino, 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Kasey Kahne — Stratosphere Hotel & Casino from 5pm-7pm. You must get a wristband to get an autograph and about 260 will be given out starting at noon on Feb 27th, with another 260 given out day of starting at noon.
- Tony Stewart — Home Depot (6025 S. Pecos Rd) from 6pm-8pm. Wristbands will be handed out three hours before and Stewart is scheduled to sign only one autograph per person with a wristband.
Friday, February 29th
- Kurt Busch — Palms Hotel & Casino (near the Pearl at the Palms) from 7:30pm-9pm.
- Landon Cassill and Brad Keselowski — Stratosphere Hotel from 9pm-10pm.
- Jamie McMurray — TI Hotel & Casino starting at 7pm (details to be announced).
- Kenny Wallace — The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel starting at 8:30pm
Saturday, March 1
- Ryan Newman — signing autographs at the souvenir hauler at the LVMS Midway from 2pm-3pm
Sunday, March 2
- Kyle Busch — Will lead the first annual Track Walk at the LVMS. Entry fee is $30 in advance online (lvms.com) and $35 morning of at the track, with proceeds going to benefit Boys Town Nevada, the Kyle Busch Foundation and Speedway Children’s Charities. For more information, call 702.644.4444.
- Kurt Busch — signing autographs at the souvenir hauler at the LVMS Midway from 10am-10:30am
- Robby Gordon — signing autographs at the souvenir hauler at the LVMS Midway from 9:45am-10:30am
Downtown, the Fremont Street Experience will be hosting Race Jam from Friday to Sunday, and while the NASCAR-themed weekend doesn’t have any confirmed appearances by any of the drivers, the NASCAR merchandise trailer will be on hand and the nightly free concerts will be capped by a special appearance by country superstar Blake Shelton on Saturday night, starting at 7pm.
Know of any NASCAR events we missed? Let us know in comments.