Brides Invade Vegas for 7-7-07
If you’re out and about in Vegas today and it seems like every other woman is in a wedding dress, your eyes are not deceiving you. Due to today – July 7, 2007, or 7-7-07 – being such a numerically lucky day, couples are flocking to Vegas altars in droves, hoping to have their nuptials blessed by the date.
Many resorts and chapels are offering extended hours today to handle all the booking requests they’ve received and most report that they still have had to turn away last minute requests. And by last minute, I mean anything from the last six months. I’m told by many chapels that the majority of their time slots for today have been booked up to a year or more in advance.
Here’s a look at some of the various wedding celebrations taking place in town today:
- The Flamingo has 77 weddings scheduled in seven venues around the property from 7am until midnight today.
- Mandalay Bay has 77 couples getting hitched as part of their “Lucky 7” ceremony at Mandalay Beach. After the ceremony, a mass reception will take place with entertainment by K.C. and the Sunshine Band.
- Paris Las Vegas has more than 35 couples scheduled for individual ceremonies taking place from 7am – 7pm, with a mass wedding for 14 more couples taking place at 7:30pm. Hey, I guess if you always wanted to get married in Paris…
- Texas Station says more than 70 couples are taking advantage of their free mass wedding ceremony. Can’t blame them – with the cost of weddings nowadays, the price is right.
- The Venetian is also performing 77 weddings today with extended chapel hours and additional locations throughout the resort, like the bridge in the Ponte al di Piazza and on a Venetian gondola. Talk about not rocking the boat…
- Le Burger Brasserie at Paris Las Vegas will also be visiting wedding chapels along the Strip today, congratulating newlyweds with champagne and champagne, restaurant sliders and an entry form for their first anniversary celebration prize. The first seven couples returning the form as specified with a copy of the 7-7-7 wedding certificate win a package to return here next year for their anniversay. The package includes hotel and the $777 dinner package at the restaurant that includes their Kobe beef and Maine lobster burger with a bottle of Dom Perignon.
Congratulations to everyone getting married today. If you’re one of the couples that got married in Vegas today, send us a link with your wedding photos and we’ll be happy to come take a look.