May 14 to be Official Start to Summer in Vegas
Normally all the hot pool parties and bikini-clad fun happens on the weekends in Vegas. But this Thursday, May 14, may be one of the hottest days all summer.
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the iconic Welcome to Las Vegas sign, Mayor Oscar Goodman and “Girls Next Door” reality star/Playboy Playmate Holly Madison will declare the day the official start of summer. This will be followed by a swimsuit fashion show at the sign by Madison. This all starts at 10am at the sign.
Then the action moves up the Strip to the Fashion Show Mall, where at noon, hundreds of bikini-clad women will attempt to break the Guinness Book of World Records listing for the World’s Largest Bikini Parade.
As if that weren’t enough, several resorts along the Strip will also be attempting to set a record for the World’s Largest Pool Party. Here’s a listing of what’s happening where:
- Bare at the Mirage – All Vegas locals receive complimentary entry all day. Everyone else is $20 for women and $40 for men.
- Luxor – The pool will be open to the public with 25% off drink specials and DJs spinning tunes.
- Mandalay Bay Beach – First 100 non-guests of the hotel get access to the pool. There will also be a $100 discounts on cabanas for the first 100 people. Drink specials include $5 Imperia Vodka cocktails, $100 Imperia bottle service and $3 Pacifico beer. DJs will be spinning tunes from noon until 4pm.
- Monte Carlo – The pool will be open to the public with drink specials from noon to 6pm.
- Planet Hollywood Resort – The pool here will also be open to the public with drink specials throughout the day. Some of the bikini parade models will be on hand after the record attempt to party until 6pm.
The day is co-sponsored by the Las Vegas Visitors Bureau and it sounds like a great day to call in sick. Don’t forget to stay hydrated and wear your sunblock.