WhyGo Las Vegas News 6/18/2010
- Eating Las Vegas | This Just In – FLEUR DE LYS To Close
The fine dining establishment, Fleur de Lys, in Mandalay Bay will close in August. It will be reopening through another brand concept. Lots of mixed reviews in the comments section. What are your thoughts?
- Player of the Year race heating up at the World Series of Poker – Friday, June 18, 2010 | 2:05 a.m. – Las Vegas Sun
The World Series of Poker is about to reach its halfway point. At this point, there are five players within 20 points of the lead in the Player of the Year standings. Who will walk away with the title?
- Vegas-Themed Water Park Makes Hypothetical Splash | Las Vegas Blog
Rumor has it there may be a new water park moving into Las Vegas. As fun as it sounds, don’t you think we already have enough pools in this city (see exhibit A: https://bit.ly/crDIS2)? Seriously though, I have mixed feelings about this one. How does everyone else feel?
- MGM Mirage changes name, now MGM Resorts International – Las Vegas Sun
MGM Mirage became MGM Resorts International this week. I doubt it will change anything in regard to the properties on the street, but it was big news in town anyway.
- Nevada Magazine | Nevada Magazine Issues
Okay, so it’s not Las Vegas specific, but you better believe that Sin City picked up some of the honors noted in Nevada Magazine’s Best of Nevada 2010. Check out the full list and weigh in with your thoughts!
- Say Hello to 2-for-1 “Jubilee!” Tickets All Summer | Las Vegas Blog
Jubilee! is the epitome of a classic Las Vegas showgirl performance. Throughout the summer, people can enjoy 2-for-1 discounts on the show. (Here’s our review: https://bit.ly/aqvU6z)
- Las Vegas Weekly : “Circus returns to town with thrills, chills, spills — and Kevin Burke” by Robin Leach: Luxe Life
Visitors to Las Vegas have the option of choosing from seven different Cirque du Soleil shows. But if you want the real deal, The Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey’s Circus will be in town through Sunday with performances throughout the day and nightly shows.
- Bargain Hunting? | Vegas Seven
For people living in Las Vegas, summer may be the ideal time to make a quick escape. This round-up of travel deals provides people who want to leave Las Vegas with plenty of options to get out of town.
- Vegas Weekender: Father’s Day fun in Vegas | Las Vegas Blogs
Father’s Day is this weekend … what do you have planned for your dad? Around Las Vegas, you can expect to find special Father’s Day menus at the restaurants, promotions at the spas (yep, even Dad deserves a pedicure!) and discounts at shows and attractions.
- We Love Us Some Free Vegas Shows: Acoustic Soul | Las Vegas Blog
Who doesn’t love free entertainment? Here are a few cost-free shows happening around Las Vegas in the next few weeks.
- Install Bookmarklets on Delicious