Obama Inaugural Events Around Las Vegas
If you’ve chosen to spend January 20th in Las Vegas (whether you live here or are just visiting), you needn’t let a few thousand miles of separation stop you from enjoying a slew of inaugural celebrations for our new president.
Like to be a part of the excitement on January 20? Here’s a quick list of places around town to get your presidential party on.
- Aliante Station will be offering specials throughout the property. At Camacho’s Cantina, enjoy drink and appetizer specials from 4-7pm, then get down for Taco Tuesdays featuring $1 tacos from 7-10pm. MRKT Sea & Land will offer 50% off all martinis from 5-7pm and Pips Cucina & Wine Bar will have two-for-one ribeye steak dinners from 5-7pm.
- El Cortez downtown will serve free Marie Callender’s apple pie slices to slot and table game players who are members of the free Club Cortez rewards program, from noon to 6pm.
- Hank’s Fine Steaks & Martinis at Green Valley Ranch will have drink specials from 5-7pm.
- Hachi at Red Rock Resort will offer drink specials from 5-7pm in honor of the new president.
- All Krispy Kreme locations in Vegas will give out one free donut per person all day in honor of our new president.
- The Las Vegas Hilton will offer a free viewing of the actual inauguration on HDTV inside the Hilton Theater. Doors open at 8am.
- Have your photo taken with the new Barack Obama wax figure at Madam Tussauds at The Venetian. Admission is $25 for adults, $18 for seniors and teens, $15 for children age 7-12 and free for those 6 and under.
- McCormick and Schmick’s (335 Hughes Center Dr) will be offering special Obama-themed drinks during their afternoon Happy Hour from 3:30-6pm
- The Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood will be offering CNN’s inauguration coverage live on their huge outdoor Strip viewing screens beginning at 8am.
- SushiSamba at The Palazzo will be offering patriotic-themed drinks all day, in the form of “Red” (muddled raspberries, raspberry rum, Triple Sec, grenadine and unsweetened white tea), “White” (Cachaca, creme de cacao, egg white and sweetened lemon juice) and “Blue” (Cachaca, blue curacao, and pineapple & lemon juice). Each drink is $11 or purchase an “All-American” cocktail tree featuring four glasses of each for $70.
- TGIF Fridays around Vegas will be offering special drink prices, half-price appetizers with any entree purchase and a free commemorative Inauguration Party button, all day long.
The Hard Rock Hotel is choosing to hold their celebrations on January 21st, with drink specials at the Center Bar from 7-9pm, and “Obamba’s Mamas” dealers in the Hell’s Belles blackjack pit. The Pink Taco will be serving special “Obamaritas,” while AGO will offer “Obamatinis” and a “Lame Duck” cocktail.
Know of an event we missed? Let us know all the details in comments.