Vegas Events for the Weekend of October 12th – 14th, 2007
Many of you have told me you’d like to know more about events happening besides club nights and such. So welcome to the first installment of a weekly feature that will highlight select events that will be happening in Vegas for the upcoming weekend.
This list will include community events, library events, book signings, free cultural events, sporting events and conventions open to the public. Because, yes, there is more to do in Las Vegas besides gambling and clubbing.
Here’s a look at events taking place this weekend, October 12th through 14th:
- Those who like their celebrations really old school will want to check out the Age of Chivalry Renaissance Festival. The event takes place October 12th through 14th at Sunset Park (2911 E. Sunset Rd). See historical fight re-enactments, a jousting tournament, a Shakespeare Theatre, wandering minstrels, as well as food and drink and a vendor area. Friday and Saturday will also feature concerts by Celtic bands. TIckets are $10 a day or $25 for the entire three days for adults, and $5 for children and seniors.
- This month’s New Vista Community Wine Walk takes place on Saturday, October 13th from 6-9pm. Enjoy over 22 different wines while strolling through Montelago Village at Lake Las Vegas, with proceeds going to benefit the New Vista Community, which supports the independence of the disabled. Tickets are $35 each or $50 for two and can be purchased at the event.
- That same weekend, the Montelago village also hosts their Fall Fine Arts Festival with over 50 artists displaying their works and live entertainment both days. The festival takes place from 10am until 5pm on October 13th and 14th and admission is free.
- The Henderson Festival of Cultures takes place Saturday, October 13th, at the Henderson Events Plaza (200 S. Water St, Henderson). This inaugural event features a global culture theme and features art, crafts, food, drink and more from 10am until 5pm. The entertainment schedule includes American Indian Dance, Steel Drums, Hawaiian Hula, Egyptian Belly Dance, Irish Dance and American Blues. Best of all, this family-friendly event is free to attend.
- Experience more global culture at the Cannery Casino’s Second Annual Pure Aloha Festival the weekend of October 12th through 14th. Celebrate Hawaiian culture and entertainment with tickets ranging from $5 for the daytime events on Saturday and Sunday to $30 for the nighttime concerts on Friday and Saturday.
- Revving up the weekend of October 12th through 14th on the Strip is the Rockstar Energy Drink U.S. Open at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The event is considered by many to be the world’s richest motorcycle race with a $100,000 purse. Tickets for each day are $21, $63 and $105 and are available via the MGM Grand box office or Ticketmaster.
If you know of any events not listed, feel free to leave a note in comments. If you attend any of them, let us know how you enjoyed it.