Las Vegas Travel News 5/21/2010
First of all, we have to ask: Have you signed up to win 2 free nights at Paris Las Vegas yet? Don’t wait … time is running out!
And now for the weekly Las Vegas travel news and highlights for the coming weekend:
- Encore Beach Club to Open in Vegas – Just in time for the hot and steamy summer months, Encore will be opening the latest pool club on the Las Vegas Strip. The 60,000 square foot area will have three tiered pools and be open to adults only. Expect to pay for your spot in the sun, though. Entrance fees are $30 for women and $40 for men.
- Phantom of the Opera Tickets on Sale – The popular 95-minute Phantom of the Opera performance at The Venetian is offering select performances on sale through July 17. Tickets regularly start at $136; right now you can buy seats for as low as $75.90. Call the Phantom Ticket Office at 866-641-7469 to book.
- Kerry Simon Has Three New Restaurants on the Way – If you’ve eaten at Simon at Palms Place, you’ll know why this is such awesome news. In the coming months, celebrity chef Kerry Simon will be opening a burger joint at Harrah’s and a steakhouse at the Hilton. A third restaurant has not yet been revealed.
- Photos: Mother Nature Blooms Into Summer at Bellagio Gardens – Without question, one of the very best free things to do in Las Vegas is the Bellagio gardens, which undergo drastic design changes four times a year. This week, the resort unveiled its summer artistry, which includes colorful flowers and bugs.
- Vegas Weekender: Spring has Sprung and Vegas Offers Outdoor Fun – Las Vegas is heating up and there’s a lot going on this weekend. On Saturday, catch Cypress Hill at Mandalay Beach while Styx, Foreigner and Kansas will be performing in Mandalay Bay. Cheech and Chong will perform Friday and Saturday night at the Mirage and Carrie Underwood will perform at the Orleans. Speed skater Apolo Ohno will host Friday evening at Tao in The Venetian.