Vegas Around the Web for August 12, 2007
We’re midway through the month of August, and here’s a quick look at what other sites on the web have said about Vegas recently:
- PokerNews reviews the Sam’s Town poker room. Though it’s not posh, the website highly recommends the place for low-rollers.
- RawVegas.tv covers Brittany Snow’s cover shoot for Vegas Magazine. The actress, currently on the big screen in Hairspray, recently turned 21 and in the video says why she loves Vegas so much.
- The Las Vegas Sun profiles several workers from the Hoover Dam bypass project and has some amazing photos to match the story.
- KLAS-TV reports that the suspect in last week’s Caesars Palace shooting has turned himself in.
- The Chicago Tribune reports from this weekend’s Casino Chip and Gaming Token Collectors Club convention at the Riviera.
- Mike Weatherford of the Review-Journal interviews Tony Danza, who joins the cast of “The Producers” at Paris Las Vegas as Max Bialystock, a role he also performed on Broadway.
- The Review-Journal also reports on the controversy surrounding casino security consultant Steve Forte and his arrest on charges of conspiring to scam high-stakes poker games.
- Finally, Robin Leach takes a break from his celebrity following to talk about how Nevada gaming revenues were up for the month of June.