Vegas Around the Web for August 19, 2007
We’re midway through the month of August, and here’s a quick look at what other sites on the web have said about Vegas recently:
- The Review-Journal exposes the story about a Las Vegas judge losing his job over comments he made on his MySpace page.
- Also at the Review-Journal, columnist Norm Clarke explores the connection between Vegas and the recently departed legendary entertainer Merv Griffin.
- Trifter goes to Vegas and spends a week touring around with very little gambling.
- RoyVegas was there Monday night when McDonald’s filmed a commercial for the upcoming Latin Grammys in front of the Fremont Casino downtown.
- USA Today reports on an unruly passenger on a Southwest flight from Chicago to Las Vegas who obviously had way too much to drink.
- And finally, according to an interview in the Los Angeles Times, comedian George Carlin really, really hates Las Vegas. Of course that doesn’t stop him from performing here for a quick buck and some stage time for new material when he needs it, like he did these last two weekends at The Orleans.