Vegas Around the Web for July 8, 2007
This is my new weekly look at what other sites on the web are saying about Vegas, that I think might be of interest to you. If you have any good links of your own, please leave them in the comments.
- Only one week to go until the Frontier closes and Roy Vegas has a photo of the goodbye message on the hotel’s outside marquee. He also got some great shots of how far construction is progressing on Diablo’s Cantina at the Monte Carlo. I can’t wait to check that place out when it’s open.
- The Poker Biz reports that the WSOP offered some independence fireworks of its own as players in the 2-7 Draw Lowball w/ Rebuys event forced organizers to stop the clock to clarify some rules and penalties. They’re also reporting on how the numbers for the WSOP are down from the last two years.
- Woman Poker Player and Bodog are reporting from the first day of the official start to the main WSOP event. And The Poker Biz
- Local TV channel CBS 8’s website has photos and video of the New York-New York shooting suspect.
- In more humorous news, Brad is getting married and he’s having his bachelor party at the Hard Rock Hotel here in Vegas over the weekend of September 21-24 (hey, that’s my birthday weekend! LOL). You can read all about it on the blog “Bachelor Brad is Dead“. Heck, you can even buy the t-shirt to go along with it. Seriously.
- Former LVL editor Jen Leo wrote about the “10 Hottest Clubs in Vegas” for Forbes Traveler.
- And finally, ABC News covered the wedding frenzy this week on 7-7-07. Whew! Sounds like all most will remember are the heat and traffic jams.