Vegas Around the Web for July 1, 2007
“Vegas Around the Web” is my new weekly look at what other sites on the web are saying about Vegas, that I think might be of interest to you. I have over 50 sites on a feed reader and many more bookmarked. These are the highlights of what I read this week:
- Robin Leach reports from Pamela Anderson’s 40th birthday with photos
- Leach also speculates on the possibility that David Bowie may be added to the revolving list of entertainers at Caesars Palace
- What’s Happening, Vegas? talks about their favorite Vegas lounges with live music. Though in fairness, not all of them are actually lounges.
- Vegas Tripping has a lengthy and detailed Planet Hollywood review. It’s actually kind of scary some of the things they go through.
- Roy Vegas snapped some photos of fireworks on the Strip last night (June 30). The exact location of the originating area remains a mystery, though, he got some great shots of the fireworks exploding near the Bellagio.
- Phil Gordon and Rafe Furst offer daily podcasts from the 2007 WSOP.
- The Strip Podcast talks to Annie Duke at the WSOP, among other topics this week.
- And in a closing feast for the eyes, SpyOnVegas has photo galleries which chronicle the “944 is 2” festivities taking place all weekend at the Hard Rock.
That should keep you busy for a bit. Vegas is really such a vibrant city that there are endless blogs and sites talking about it. With this new column, I aim to bring you the best posts out there. Let me know what you think of them, ok?