Vegas Dining News Roundup for October 15, 2007
A few short bits of Las Vegas dining news for those of you who like to eat your way around town:
- Red Rock Resort launches its new weekly happy hour mixer this Friday (Oct. 19th) from 5pm until 8pm. The event takes place in the resort’s lobby, and features sushi and sake from Haichi’s Chef Linda Rodriguez along with a live DJ. It is free to attend.
- Another “Red” event worth checking out is the daily “Cavihour” happy hour at Red Square inside Mandalay Bay. From 4pm until 6pm, order two Imperia vodka cocktails from the bar area and receive 1 ounce of free caviar, along with sides like blinis and creme fraiche. No word on how long this promotion will last, so don’t delay if you enjoy caviar.
- Dunkin’ Donuts opens the first of 62 restaurants tomorrow (Tues, Oct 16th) at 409 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd (several blocks east of South Point Casino). Grand opening festivities include free samples of its coffee and baked goods, gift bags for the first 200 customers and “Free Coffee for a Year” for the first person in line, all between the hours of 6-11am. The eatery will also be presenting a $1,000 check to the Nevada Soldiers’ Angels, which provides aid to deployed troops and their families state-wide.
- The Rainbow Bar & Grill has closed its Paradise Rd location, but plans to reopen in another as-yet-unnamed location in 2008. The restaurant and bar is an offshoot of the famous Hollywood venue of the same name.
- Vox Wine Lounge has their grand opening this Thursday (October 18th). Located at 2630 W. Horizon Ridge in Henderson (less than 2 miles southwest of Green Valley Ranch resort & casino), the venue will offer world fusion cuisine served tapas style. Late night dining and Sunday brunch will also be offered. And as they are a wine lounge, expect to find over 200 vintages in stock at all times, selected by sommelier Patrick Pretz, who was previously attached to Cirque and Sensi at Bellagio and SW Steak for Steve Wynn. You can register to attend the opening party at voxwinelounge.com.
- The award-winning Medici Cafe & Terrace at the Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas is serving a new fall Sunday Brunch from 11am until 2:30pm. In addition to six culinary stations serving items such as made-to-order omelets, ricotta cheese ravioli with apples and truffle butter, and rosemary and garlic studded leg of lamb with a whole grain mustard sauce, the meal includes unlimited pours of the highly rated Veuve Clicquot champagne. Live entertainment is also included, provided by saxophonist George Butts. The price for adults is $65 with champagne, and $55 without. Children 3 to 12 are $25. Reservations can be made by calling 702.567.4600.
That’s it for this week…now get out there and eat!